Sunday, July 28, 2013

Monday made-it (early) & two freebies

I am sharing my Monday Made-It a day early because I am swamped tomorrow. I have two made its and two freebies today!
My first made it I stole borrowed from another blogger and I can not remember who! SO if you know please let me know so I can give proper credit! It is a quick assessment system AND a peer tutoring opportunity combined. (I just love double duty things)
Each student has a set of paint chip cards in red, yellow, and green.
Each color is associated with a range of understanding which is tied to an anchor chart in the room.

When you finish up a lesson, you have the students hold up the card for how they feel about the content (I got this, I think so, No Way!). This gives you a quick assessment on how well they got the content. Then you can have the yellows pair up with the greens, while you can pull the reds together for another lesson! SO peer tutoring rolled in with quick assessment! LOVE IT!

The second made it I stole borrowed from Susan over at 3rd Grade Grapevine. Her original post on these student binders can be found here. I just followed her step by step instructions to make my prototype STUDENT BINDER!


Now for the two FREEBIES!
First I wanted to do an inferencing POP quiz with my students as they entered the room on the first day. So, I created a How well do you know the teacher pop quiz. I plan to have it on their desk as they come in with a clip board. They can use anything in the room (including each other) to find the answers. Once everyone has arrived, we will discuss thier answers and reasoning behind them. I even plan to NOT tell them the correct answers, because I want them to focus on thier thinking!

The second freebie is one of the word work options for Daily 5. It is a tic tac toe spelling center. Directions are on the top!

I hope you enjoy my made it and my freebies! Please leave a comment if you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment